OPERATIONS DIGITISATION & STANDARDISATION
Benefits of operation digitisation & standardization :
- In the overall digitisation process, each individual operation digitisation gives enormous benefits. Unlike the engineering industry,in the apparel industry there is frequent change of styles, fabric design which makes it difficult for the manufacturing process. Each individual operator to each line to each factory does the operation in different ways, which makes it difficult to achieve targets, line balancing, and managing the operations. Digitisation of operations leads to uniform practice of methods and skill improvement leads to improvement of efficiencies across locations.
- Operation standardization: most of the garment factories fix targets based on past experience, past data, or international standard data.
- The operations are not standardized, which means that operators doing the sam operation do it differently in different lines, different locations etc.,
- There is a big variance in output of operators and the planned and actual production have variance up to 50%+++.
- Easily shared.
- Everyone gets to understand the operations at the same level.
- Operator training and skill improvement gets a big push.
- On the sewing line the reason for operators falling below target can be easily understood and solved
- Efficiency increase up to 30% is possible.